Sunday, June 6, 2010

I made the local news!

I'm so excited, I just had to share even though it wasn't for my books.:P It's
the first time I've been in the paper.
I attended a National Cancer Survivor Day celebration and was interviewed for
our Local Newspaper. My married last name is Macklin. I'm a two year survivor
and attended the event with a good friend, also a breast cancer survivor, but
still fighting thyroid cancer.

Here's the link:

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/06/04/2234558/memorial-observes-cancer-survivors.h\
tml

also, for those interested in viewing, our local News station, Wlox, did a story
on it. It's hard to spot me, but I'm in the audience. It was a wonderful &
uplifting day.

http://www.wlox.com/global/category.asp?c=151146&clipId=4844590&topVideoCatNo=15\
006&topVideoCatNoB=116100&topVideoCatNoC=116467&topVideoCatNoD=116474&topVideoCa\
tNoE=88558&autostart=true

Take care ya'll,
DeborahJPanger
Where enchantment transcends realms...
www.deborahpanger.com
Firefae and Saje are available at www.wilderroses.com

1 comment:

Jen Childers said...

hugs!
that's terrific.
thanks for fighting the good fight and for being the sweet heart you are.
Jen