Sunday, March 8, 2009

Release date for Saje and I fractured my ankle.

Yes. I have exciting news, and crappy news:



Saje will be released on April 8th, 2009 http://www.thewildrosepress.com/, scarlet line. (wilderroses) Whoot.







On to crappy news:



I fractured my ankle a little over a week ago while doing cardio on the treadmill at the gym, and I just found out this past friday. I finally went to the ER because my foot was getting no better after home treatment. I thought I'd just pulled a muscle. So, I go to the ortho doctor on Wednesday. I had to postpone it til then because I have an oncology appt on Monday and I don't want to miss that. Its a check up for the cancer. Anyways, it looks like I'll be in a cast or boot for several weeks. I really don't know much until I go see the ortho doc. I think I have a Navicular stress fracture and from what I gather, its several weeks no wait bearing, then several weeks with weight bearing.



And I've been walking around on it for a week already. I'm trying to stay off of it this weekend, but its impossible to do so at work. I have a high tolerance for pain so it doesn't slow me down that much. It's going to be a hassle big time if I can't weight bear after wednesday. My body's already sore and I suffer with neuropathy since the cancer treatment. So I can't imagine walking around on crutches.



Anyways, I'll deal with it when the time comes.

And last but not least, I'm one of the authors that will be in a contest that runs from March 15th-April 1st. Join the fun and enter to win great prizes. Check it out: www.crystalrainlove.com/contests.htm






Take care ya'll,

Debbie

4 comments:

April Vine said...

Hi Deborah

That’s so exciting about your release date. I’ll be looking forward to it.
And I’m so sorry about your ankle. I hope you recover very soon.
Take care

joviangeldeb said...

Thanks, April. I'm still so excited about the release. i can't wait. And thanks for the well wishes on my ankle.
Take care,
deb

Jen Childers said...

oh sweetie, that sucks.
the ankle, i mean. follow instructions from your doctor and take care of yourself. it really stinks the injury happend at the gym! sheesh, go there to get healthy and then boom!
Great news about Saje!
we will be reading him
hugs
Jen

joviangeldeb said...

thanks Jen. I went to the ortho doc and he doesn't think its fractured, but the er doc thought it was. So I'm in an air boot for 3 weeks and if its no better, the ortho doc is going to start doing tests on my foot to find out if it is fractured.
I went to the gym and worked out but I can't do cardio with my foot. That does suck, but I'm doing upper body. Yeah.